  Hi Gregory,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 11:38:36AM +0200, Gregory Schott wrote:
> >>3) Exporting multiple directories on GPFS
> >>=========================================
> >>
> >>I have two servers (maybe only one in the future) and 3 directories to
> >>export. I would be very happy if someone had an example on how to use mps
> >>to export these.
>
> >This should work in the release 20050328-0656. Simply either list the
> >directories on the xrootd command line or list them via multiple export
> >directives in the config file. You've already done that for "/prod" and
> >"/store". So, what am I missing here?
>
> I cannot use this "20050328-0656" version so far because of the DNS
> problem

  Have you talked to the sysadmins at FZK? When will the strange /etc/hosts
files be fixed?

> but the problem is that: I want to export
>
> disk1/some_path/prod
> disk1/some_path/store
> disk2/some_path/prod
> disk2/some_path/store
> disk3/some_path/prod
> disk3/some_path/store
>
> So far I can only export one disk using:
>
> oss.localroot /home/xrootd/disk/kanga/EventStore/
> xrootd.export /prod
> xrootd.export /store

  I'm now confused: are you using the gpfs filesystem as a skim output buffer
or for the read-only serving of data? I thought we had discussed it being
used for the latter (and some NAS box being used as the output buffer).

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland