Hello Andy,

I kind of get it except I didn't understand exactly what you meant for
"root names".

It sounds to me it cannot be done without considering the users know on
which babar13 to babar15 disk the data is and then by symlinking and
having in my localroot directories links such as:

prod13 -> babar13/path/prod
prod14 -> babar14/path/prod
prod15 -> babar15/path/prod

and then the user need to specify a collection name such as

"/prod13/SP/R12/..."

Or another way is to have in one common place a link to almost each of the
files on these 3 disks. But this is not an acceptable solution either.

--

What I'd need is to have collection names "/prod/SP/R12/..." and having
xrootd searching transparently each of the directories without having to

>> disk1/some_path/prod
>> disk2/some_path/prod
>> disk3/some_path/prod

Cheers,