Hi Gregory,

> 1. I can't figure out the Fstat function in XrdPosixXrootd.cc (~line 201).
> Even though there is a write interface, the Fstat method seems to assume
> that the value from the last stat (probably the Open) is still valid. Why
> doesn't it do a new fstat call to the server each time to get the current
> values for the file?
It because fstat() is some sense in the xrootd model is not particularly
useful. I suppose, since you are bound to a server, I could isse the fstat
again. Put it on the list.

> 2. I have poked around in the Posix standard for the maximum valid value
> for a file descriptor, without success. The Posix client library assumes
> that 65K is the maximum value a file descriptor can take on. Is this limit
> from the Posix standard, or is it based on "nobody will ever use that many
> files descriptors"?
As afar as I know, the actual value is arbitrary and was never cast in
stone. My choosing 64k as the high watermark seemed reasonable since no one
ever sets the system hard limit to be any greater than that. I suppose I
could use the hard limit to determine the turn-over. On the other hand, are
you saying that my file are causing grief for some other applications?

Andy