This distribution includes preprints posted between Friday, April 01, 2005 and Friday, April 08, 2005 (7 days).

ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW INTEREST CATEGORIES: To accurately reflect the expanding focus of science at SLAC, we've revisited our list of interest categories for SLAC preprints. Authors can now choose from a new list of 24 categories covering not only high energy physics, but also synchrotron radiation and its disciplines, X-ray free electron lasers, and astrophysics. We've updated the categories on idoc, our online document registration system (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/), on the list of Recent SLAC Publications (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/), and on the Preprint Weekly list below.

IMPROVED PREPRINT SEARCH: Our new Find a SLAC Document page includes three searches to help you quickly find the document you're looking for. This page includes a full-text search of over 10,000 SLAC preprints as well as easy access to bibliographic and citation information. Check out the new search at http://www.slac.stanford.edu/pubs/fastfind.html.

*************************************

Accelerator Physics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11086
   RF Breakdown in Accelerator Structures: From Plasma Spots to Surface Melting
   Wilson, P
   Released: 4/1/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11086

   SLAC-PUB-11104
   Computer Determination of HOM Damping for a Prototype JLC Accelerator Cavity and a Prototype B Factory Cavity
   Kroll, N.
   Released: 4/8/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11104

   SLAC-PUB-11105
   Damping of Higher-Order Modes in a Threefold Symmetry Accelerating Structure
   Yu, D.
   Released: 4/8/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11105

   SLAC-PUB-11106
   Design of the Vacuum System for the High Energy Ring of an Asymmetric B-Factory Based on PEP
   Barletta, W.
   Released: 4/8/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11106

   SLAC-R-751
   B-Factory Contributions to the 1991 Particle Accelerator Conference
   Zisman, M.
   Released: 4/6/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-r-751

Accelerator (control systems)-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-10994
   Coherent Synchrotron Radiation and Bunch Stability in a Compact Storage Ring
   Venturini, M.
   Released: 4/4/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-10994

Astrophysics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-10920
   Late Time Observations of the Afterglow and Environment of GRB 030329
   Taylor, G
   Released: 4/4/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-10920

   SLAC-PUB-11083
   Large-Area Balloon-Borne Polarized Gamma Ray Observer (PoGO)
   Blanford, R.
   Released: 4/6/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11083

   SLAC-PUB-11092
   Calculation of Atmospheric Muons from Cosmic Gamma Rays
   Poirier, J.
   Released: 4/6/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11092

   SLAC-PUB-11093
   The Event Generator DPMJET-III at Cosmic Ray Energies
   Roesler, S
   Released: 4/6/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11093

   SLAC-PUB-11095
   X-ray Astronomy at SLAC
   Saz Parkinson, P.
   Released: 4/6/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11095

HEP experimental results-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11005
   Improved Measurements of CP-Violating AsymmetryAmplitudes in B0 -> pi+pi- Decays
   Aubert, B.
   Released: 4/4/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11005

   SLAC-PUB-11081
   Improved Measurement of the CKM Angle alpha Using B0->rho+rho- Decays.
   Aubert, B.
   Released: 4/1/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11081

   SLAC-R-749
   Search for the H Dibaryon (S = -2) Using Diffraction Dissociation
   Ecklund, K.
   Released: 4/5/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-r-749

HEP phenomenology-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11045
   Factorization in $B\to V\gamma$ Decays
   Becher, T
   Released: 4/1/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11045

   SLAC-PUB-11097
   A VMD Based, Nonet and SU(3) Symmetry Broken Model for Radiative Decays of Light Mesons
   Benayoun, M.
   Released: 4/6/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11097

HEP theory-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-10841
   Fermionic Sectors for the Kodama State
   Alexander, S.
   Released: 4/4/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-10841

   SLAC-PUB-11045
   Factorization in $B\to V\gamma$ Decays
   Becher, T
   Released: 4/1/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11045

   SLAC-R-745
   Fermion Masses and Mixing in SUSY Grand Unified Gauge Models with Extended Gut Gauge Groups
   Chou, Chih-Lung
   Released: 4/5/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-r-745

   SLAC-R-746
   Domain Walls, Branes, and Fluxes in String Theory: New Ideas on the Cosmological Constant Problem, Moduli Stabilization, and Vacuum Connectedness
   Schulz, M.
   Released: 4/5/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-r-746

   SLAC-R-747
   Topics in Theories of Quantum Gravity
   Perelstein, M.
   Released: 4/5/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-r-747

   SLAC-R-748
   Realistic Field Theories on Submanifolds of Compact Extra Dimensions
   Mirabelli, E.
   Released: 4/5/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-r-748

Other preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11098
   Experience with the BaBar Resistive Plate Chambers
   Band, H.
   Released: 4/6/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11098

   SLAC-PUB-11099
   User Defined Data in the New Analysis Model of the BaBar Experiment
   De Nardo, G.
   Released: 4/6/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11099

For the most current listing of newly released SLAC publications and reports, see Recent SLAC Publications at http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/.