the mX resolution plots I made on the ICHEP signal MC (so what I call
mix is the mix as we got it from the generator, with the nonres
component for mX>1.264GeV) can be found here:

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~kerstin/vubfit/VR011105.pdf

Each plot is for 310 MeV, the black plots are for mxhadfit and the orange
dashed for mxhad. I applied the following cuts:
pcms>1.&&TMath::Abs(mm2)<1.&&mes>5.27&&(brecoqual==1||brecoqual==5||brecoqual==7
and I used mxhadgenwoph as the true mX.
The bottom left plot is the sum of the three other lower plots.

I checked for the loss of signal when using brecoqual for subtracting the
combinatorial background. What we do for the evaluation is: we take the mX
spectrum from signal MC after all cuts and with the comb bkgd subtracted
by fits to the mES distributions and the same spectrum, but the comb bkgd
subtracted using the brecoqual variable and we take the ratio of these two
spectra. We see that the ratio is consistent with a constant and we fit
1.0475+-0.0410 (a little bit dependent on mb and a, but the picture is the
same, the ratio is mX(mES)/mX(brecoqual)).
I remembered a larger effect, but this was in the older ntuples.
There are plots in BAD 894 p. 14ff that show the ratio, also split up by
multiplicity categories.

Cheers,
Kerstin