  Hi All,

  Since we had a lot of xrootd discussions at CERN last week and I have
some conflicts today that it will make it hard for me to come to the meeting,
I'd like to cancel this week's xrootd meeting. We will continue next week.

  A few notes/questions:

  o Gregory reported that once the /etc/hosts files were fixed at FZK,
    the problems he had disappeared (up to the fact that a few machines
    still need to have their configurations fixed).

  o We still have the port problem seen at CNAF (and RAL) with the
    production version. I will make the 20050328-0656-update-1 version
    today with the backported fixes for this. (I spent most of yesterday
    getting wireless to work on my laptop here at FNAL so I could actually
    connect to machines to do real work.. ;-)

  o I lost track of this: is there some mps fix that should be included in
    the 20050328-0656-update-1 release?

  o Gerri, it looks like ROOT 4.03-04 came out with the very old xrootd
    version (xrootd-20041124-0752.src.tgz). We should probably update the
    version to the most recent production version (20050328-0656 for the
    moment). Did all of the client updates make it into the ROOT release,
    though?

  o I'll probably do a new development version in the next day or so.
    Fabrizio, Andy, Gerri, Jacek, Tofigh: do any of you have anything
    you want included? (Please commit it.)

  Please feel free to post any problems, news, etc. as a followup to this
posting. (I'm catching up on mail now as is Andy presumably, so expect
or so...)

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland