Hello Andy,

> The log files, by default, are created with permission bits 0644. It would
> appear that the umask is not correct. I'll change the start-up script to
> set the correct umask but until then, just set it yourself. You will,
> ufortunately, have to restart xrootd.

I had in the past already changed the permissions of the log files but it
gets reset at midnight for the next day. I just stopped xrootd, changed
the permissions of the two logfiles and restarted the daemons... let's see
in 21:30 hours what happens.

What about the part concerning writing of root files with xrdcp?

Cheers,
   Gregory