Hi Gregory,

The problem is that the files are closed at midnight, renamed, and then a
new file is opened (i.e., created). The open() says to give it 0644 but
since the start script didn't specify a umask, it must default to 077. So,
unless it's changed to be 022 and xrootd restarted you'll see the same
effect again.

As for xrdcp. As far as I know, only your sysadmin can specify what the
primary group should be (it's the first one in the list of groups or can
be the one indicated in the /etc/passwd file). However, you can use
the newgrp command to change the group to whatever you are allowed to
change it to. I'd suggest adding the newgrp command to the StartXRD.cf and
StartOLB.cf files to set the proper group when starting xrootd/olbd. Of
course, a more permanent change would be to have your admins change the
primary group.

Andy