Hi Catalin,

> No problem. I'll be looking forward to the binary dump. Jacek, can you
> point Catlin to the binary collector and provide simple instruction on
> how to capture the information? Thanks.

the program for dumping packets is not built by default, you will have
to tweak src/XrdMon/GNUmakefile to enable it (uncomment lines 83-85),
then build.

Run the collector "xrdmonCollector", no arguments are necessary. It will
store collector's logs in ./logs/collector/<xrootdServer>/<port>/.

You will need to have some activity on the server to trigger at least
one flush of the collector's buffers.

Most likely you will not want to wait until it fills up the first log
file, so create the following link:
ln -s logs/collector/<xrootdServer>/<port>/active.rcv
20050427_12:00:00.000_sender:1000.rcv
Then run "xrdmonDumpPackets 20050427_12:00:00.000_sender:1000.rcv"

This tool will produce files for each packet received and store them in
/tmp directory. The files will be called "ap.dump.<sequenceNo>"

Let me know if you have any questions (the dump tool is not productized
yet, thus all the hassle with symlinks)

cheers,
Jacek