I tested whether this problem had been corrected in the development release
20050417-0431.
(original submission:
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/XROOTD-L/archives/xrootd-l.200504/Author/article-23.html)

It still fails, but with other symptoms.

Setup:
1. Two leaf nodes. Both have the file fileA

2. Reading via the redirector gives me alternatively fileA from leaf1 and
leaf2.

3. I remove fileA from leaf1.

4. When a client request gets redirected to leaf1, the client now correctly
connects back to the manager, who should do an update of this cache entry.
The master sends out a stat request to the slaves like this:
           statf  /tmp/xrootd/all_1&tried=leaf1
But the node that still has the file seems not to respond in the affirmative,
and it seems the cache is not updated, because...

5. I'm left with a system that alternately succeeds (from leaf2) and fails
(via the above route) giving me the file.

Cheers,
Derek

--
Dr. Derek Feichtinger                   Tel:   +41 22 767 10 07
LCG/ARDA Group                            email: [log in to unmask]