Hi, Andy

In the context of proof I had already thought of whether one could use the
olbd to just ask about file locations without really accessing the files. The
information would then be used to direct jobs to nodes which already have the
required file. (I.e. in this picture, every worker node runs an xrootd/olbd).

Is it possible to do a bulk lookup of many files on the olbd? If this can be
done in bulk mode, then I guess you would still need only the basic waiting
time (~5 s default delay) until you know where the files are.

This kind of information could be interesting for all kinds of job
scheduling/queuing systems.

(PS: Andreas is on a meeting and I still have no feedback on the issue
concerning the "opaque information" problem and our athorization extension).

Cheers,
Derek

--
Dr. Derek Feichtinger                   Tel:   +41 22 767 10 07
LCG/ARDA Group                            email: [log in to unmask]