Hi, Wilko

thanks for the solution. I set the oss.cache directive and indeed, now it
works.

> The olbd needs the oss.cache (or equivalent the olb.cache) directive to
> place the file.

> #   'inplace' means that the file is not put into the cache
> oss.path  / inplace

And indeed, if I remove the oss.cache directive, even while keeping the
"oss.path xyz inplace" statement, I'm again denied.

I don't understand yet, why this is needed in the file creation via redirector
case, but not in the case where I write directly to the xrootd on the leaf
node. Probably the cache statement somehow triggers the writable/free space
information to the master olbd.

Cheers,
Derek

--
Dr. Derek Feichtinger                   Tel:   +41 22 767 10 07
LCG/ARDA Group                            email: [log in to unmask]