This distribution includes preprints posted between Monday, May 16, 2005 and Monday, May 23, 2005 (7 days).

ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW INTEREST CATEGORIES: To accurately reflect the expanding focus of science at SLAC, we've revisited our list of interest categories for SLAC preprints. Authors can now choose from a new list of 24 categories covering not only high energy physics, but also synchrotron radiation and its disciplines, X-ray free electron lasers, and astrophysics. We've updated the categories on idoc, our online document registration system (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/), on the list of Recent SLAC Publications (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/), and on the Preprint Weekly list below.

IMPROVED PREPRINT SEARCH: Our new Find a SLAC Document page includes three searches to help you quickly find the document you're looking for. This page includes a full-text search of over 10,000 SLAC preprints as well as easy access to bibliographic and citation information. Check out the new search at http://www.slac.stanford.edu/pubs/fastfind.html.

*************************************

Accelerator Physics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11179
   Simulations and Experiments of Beam-Beam Effects in e+e- Storage Rings
   Cai, Y.
   Released: 5/16/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11179

   SLAC-PUB-11180
   A Test Facility for the International Linear Collider at SLAC End Station A, for Prototypes of Beam Delivery and IR Components
   Woods, M
   Released: 5/23/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11180

   SLAC-PUB-11181
   Dynamical Effects Due to Fringe Field of the Magnets in Circular Accelerators
   Cai, Y.
   Released: 5/16/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11181

   SLAC-PUB-11204
   Multi-Bunch Electron-Cloud Effects in Transport Lines of a Normal Conducting Linear Collider
   Wu, J.
   Released: 5/16/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11204

   SLAC-PUB-11205
   Design of ILC Extraction Line for 20 MRAD Crossing Angle
   Nosochkov, Y.
   Released: 5/16/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11205

   SLAC-PUB-11206
   Beam Position Monitoring using the HOM-Signals from a Damped and Detuned Accelerating Structure
   Doebert, S
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11206

   SLAC-PUB-11207
   High Gradient Performance of NLC/GLC X-band Accelerating Structures
   Doebert, S
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11207

   SLAC-PUB-11217
   Beam Dynamics Studies for a Laser Acceleration Experiment
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11217

   SLAC-PUB-11219
   Fast Neutron Damage Studies on NdFeB Materials
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11219

   SLAC-PUB-11221
   Modeling Lost-Particle Backgrounds in PEP-II Using LPTURTLE
   Fieguth, T.
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11221

   SLAC-PUB-11222
   Measurement of the Vertical Emittance and beta-Function at the PEP-II Interaction Point Using the BaBar Detector
   Thompson, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11222

   SLAC-PUB-11223
   Investigation of Microwave Instability on Electron Storage Ring TLS
   Wang, M
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11223

Accelerator (control systems)-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11217
   Beam Dynamics Studies for a Laser Acceleration Experiment
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11217

   SLAC-PUB-11219
   Fast Neutron Damage Studies on NdFeB Materials
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11219

Astrophysics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11219
   Fast Neutron Damage Studies on NdFeB Materials
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11219

Engineering-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11182
   PEP-II Large Power Supplies Rebuild Program at SLAC
   de Lira, A
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11182

Environmental sciences-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11219
   Fast Neutron Damage Studies on NdFeB Materials
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11219

HEP experimental results-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11180
   A Test Facility for the International Linear Collider at SLAC End Station A, for Prototypes of Beam Delivery and IR Components
   Woods, M
   Released: 5/23/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11180

   SLAC-PUB-11223
   Investigation of Microwave Instability on Electron Storage Ring TLS
   Wang, M
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11223

   SLAC-PUB-11226
   Orbit Response Matrix Analysis Applied at PEP-II
   Steier, C
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11226

Instrumentation/development-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11180
   A Test Facility for the International Linear Collider at SLAC End Station A, for Prototypes of Beam Delivery and IR Components
   Woods, M
   Released: 5/23/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11180

   SLAC-PUB-11217
   Beam Dynamics Studies for a Laser Acceleration Experiment
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11217

Materials sciences-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11219
   Fast Neutron Damage Studies on NdFeB Materials
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11219

Optics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11217
   Beam Dynamics Studies for a Laser Acceleration Experiment
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11217

Synchrotron radiation-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11217
   Beam Dynamics Studies for a Laser Acceleration Experiment
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11217

   SLAC-PUB-11219
   Fast Neutron Damage Studies on NdFeB Materials
   Spencer, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11219

Other preprints
   SLAC-WP-049
   5th International High Energy Physics Technical Safety Forum
   Hahn, J
   Released: 5/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-wp-049

For the most current listing of newly released SLAC publications and reports, see Recent SLAC Publications at http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/.