  Hi Tim,

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 01:02:42AM +0100, Adye, TJ (Tim) wrote:
> The first is best for slac and ccin2p3 which don't use BbkImport and
> probably have all components. The second is best for the rest, since it
> only counts files that were actually imported, not whole collections.
>
> >                  SLAC   316TB (--dbname=bbkr14 and --dbname=bbkr18)
> >                  In2p3  232TB (--site=ccin2p3 --dbuser=bbranyuser)
> >                  RAL     65TB (--site=ral)
> >                  CNAF    50TB (--site=cnaf)
> >                  FZK     26TB (--site=gridka)
> >                  Padova  34GB (--site=padova --dbname=bbkr14)
<...>
> Was that what you were interested in?

  That is actually also very interesting. (I see Jean-Yves is slowly pulling
in everything!) I was thinking earlier of only the disk space and # of
servers, but perhaps this is the table to fill in:

                                      data
              total      disk       servers in
              data      cache       disk cache      #client cpus
             -------    -------     ----------      ------------
   SLAC       316TB     160TB(*)      30(*)           ~2000(**)
   In2p3      232TB      42TB         15
   RAL         65TB
   CNAF        50TB
   FZK         26TB
   Padova      34GB

  (*) This was _supposed_ to go up since there are another 10 "kan" servers.
      What happened to that? (It also doesn't include the skim output system,
      which is 11 servers + some smaller amount of space.)

  (**) I've seen up to 2200 client cpus in the past. I just looked for the
       past week and see ~1500 were in use. (What are the rest at SLAC doing?
       There should be 3200+ cpus total between barbs, nomas, toris and dons,
       plus the broncos, although I guess the broncos and barbs are now being
       retired.)

  Poor Padova, only 34GB of micro/mini data... ;-) Well, they compensate
because they have 250+ TB of raw data in xtc file format...  Roberto Stroili
was asking last week if we can setup reading of xtc files via xrootd for
BaBar, too. At one point Alvise put something together to do this with the
original XTNetFile client implementation, but now that we have the posix
client we should just do this properly for BaBar.

                                    Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland