  Hi All,

  The next meeting on xrootd development, testing, deployment and monitoring
will be Tuesday, 10 May, 2005 at 10:15 CA, 19:15 Europe and 18:15 UK. The
location at SLAC is SCS conference room B. Others can just congregate
virtually.

  I'll not be able to participate today, so Wilko will be chairing the
meeting. I'm particularly interested in testing of the latest development
builds...

  The connection info for this meeting is:

   phone:     +1-510-665-5437
   passcode:  4465

 Agenda:

   o problem list
     o http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/problems.html
   o New development/features
      o outstanding problems for those using production version 20050328-0656
      o testing the new development version 20050509-2006
      o 1000 server test
      o outstanding problems?
         o xrdcp and kXR_force
      o xrdcp updates from Andreas/Derek
      o server side monitoring - Jacek
      o ./configure --prefix=/bla/bla
      o posix and TXNetFile client merge
      o async read-ahead
      o rfio mps scripts
      o TXNetFile on Windows
      o next production version?
        o What needs to go in?
        o testing(/testing/testing)
      o "admin" interface (shutdown, redirecting clients, ...)
      o proxy support
      o unsolicited responses
      o updates needed by Castor people
      o SRM
   o Sites
     o Example configurations
     o SLAC
        o olb03/olb04/kanolb-a renaming (arrghh!)
     o Cornell
        o problems over the past week
     o Padova - Fulvio
     o CNAF - Enrica
     o RAL - Chris/Manny
        o config rpm/files?
     o In2p3 - Jean-Yves
     o FZK - Gregory
        o Are we past the DNS problems now that Jos fixed the
          /etc/hosts files?
     o BNL
     o anybody else...
   o xrootd procedures
      o restart of servers (deployment of new versions)
      o problems with particular data servers
      o adding a new server

  I have almost certainly forgotten some things, so please feel free to bring
anything important up during the meeting.

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland