Hello Fabrizio

I have a problem with xrdcp in the latest development version
(20050525-0946).
If I restart the data-servers and redirector (no xrdcp is running during
this time) and then xrdcp a file using the redirector it
hangs forever.

You can find the log files in
/nfs/objyserv01/objy/databases/wilko/xrootd/20050525-0946/xrdcp/
the log file of the xrdcp process is:  xrdcp_test.log
the one from the data-server:     xrdcp_test_datadevsol02.xrdlog
and the one from the redirector: xrdcp_test_datadevsol12.xrdlog

After talking with Andy it seems like that the problem is related with
closing the previous session (from xrdcp_test_datadevsol02.xrdlog):

050531 08:26:13 001 XrdInet: Accepted connection from noric04.slac.stanford.edu
050531 08:26:13 066 XrdSched: running ?:16@noric04 inq=0
050531 08:26:13 066 XrdProtocol: matched protocol xrootd
050531 08:26:13 066 ?:16@noric04 XrdPoll: FD 16 attached to poller 0; num=1
050531 08:26:13 066 ?:16@noric04 XrootdProtocol: 0100 req=3007 dlen=0
050531 08:26:13 066 wilko.9584:16@noric04 XrootdResponse: 0100 sending 16 data bytes; status=0
050531 08:26:13 066 XrootdXeq: wilko.9584:16@noric04 login
050531 08:26:13 066 wilko.9584:16@noric04 XrootdProtocol: 0100 req=3023 dlen=0
050531 08:26:13 066 wilko.9584:16@noric04 XrootdProtocol: 0100 endsess 16.1
050531 08:26:13 066 XrootdXeq: wilko.9584:16@noric04 disc 0:00:00

In this case the client connects to the data-server and ends the
session with id=16.1 which is its own session id. Therefore it fails to
communicate with the xrootd server.

Here is some more bit of information;

1) I restart the server and redirector
2) xdcp a file to a data server (datadevsol02) works fine (session id is 17)
   There is no line "XrootdProtocol: 0100 endsess ..." indicating that in
   this case the client doesn't try to end a session.
3) xrdcp a file using the redirector works now also. In this case I see
   that the session id is 18 (data-server) and the client tries to close
   the session with id=16.1
   (50531 16:19:02 066 wilko.8849:18@noric04 XrootdProtocol: 0100 endsess 16.1)
   I checked the redirector log file and the session id for the client was 16
   in this case.

I repeated the tests and also looked into the log files above and
came to the conclusion that the client uses the session id that it got
from the redirector and uses it on the data server to end a session
with the same id.

Could you please have a look at this problem.

Thanks,
   Wilko