I made a quick first test running the new version on an GB Ethernet link. I
just copy a 1GByte file from my server to local /dev/null. While with
20050413-0433 I got

$ time  bin/arch/xrdcp   root://iwrcgtest.fzk.de//tmp/testfile.dat /dev/null

real    0m10.909s
user    0m1.150s
sys     0m0.720s

with the new version I get:

[schwicke@iwrcgop027:/home/schwicke/Progamming/xrootd]$ time  bin/arch/xrdcp
root://iwrcgtest.fzk.de//tmp/testfile.dat /dev/null
[xrootd] Total 1024.00 MB       |====================| 100.00 % [36.6 Mb/s]

real    0m29.377s
user    0m1.670s
sys     0m1.190s

Going to quiet mode does not help (my first thought since I work remotely):
$ time  bin/arch/xrdcp -s root://iwrcgtest.fzk.de//tmp/testfile.dat /dev/null

real    0m28.147s
user    0m1.150s
sys     0m0.380s

The test is done on Sun V20z dual Opterons, both for server and client, using
the onboard GE link.

Did I miss something ?

Thank's,
Ulrich

--
Dr. Ulrich Schwickerath
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe

Tel: +49(7247)82-8607
Fax: +49(7247)82-4972

e-mail: [log in to unmask]
PGP DH/DSS Key: ID 0xCEB9826F
Fingerprint: 5537 8473 CD26 507E 8EE2  BAAF 98E2 FD16 CEB9 826F