 maybe you don't miss anything. I suspect that you found a way (Infiniband) to
greatly confuse the trivial async read ahead algorithm I coded for the first
version of the async read ahead. I may be wrong, of course.
In any case xrdcp does not need read ahead at all so it's better if I make it
an option, as it's needed in other cases also. Async read ahead could be a
help if you have an application which processes the data, otherwise it's
useless.

 If you set the debug level to a higher value (-DI DebugLevel 1), 1 should be
sufficient, xrdcp will print you the cache statistics, so we can learn
something to tune this strange async thing if that is the source of the
overhead. Would you do this on your setup please?

Fabrizio

--
--------
Fabrizio Furano