Edward Hill wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
On Wednesday 08 June 2005 12:12 am, Wolfgang Menges wrote:

I also got a few hints for the hadronisation systematic from Ed. This
includes taking the right reweighting file and the right first mx bin. We
are using 1.4 GeV, aren't we? The main point is that we have to adjust the
exclusive BFs in wfermifile.dat and then recompute the scaling factor for
the non-resonant part to have the right total BF.

This applies also to the systematic studies for the variation of the
exclusive BFs.

I think the corrections factor should be (I left my notes in the office)

       N_h          BF_new
   k = ---- * ----------------
       N_r    BF_res+BF_nonres

Concezio, you should know this. Is this formular correct. Do you still
have the numbers?

For hadronization, the weight for the non-res will be the same as the default
setup - you just need to use the proper weightfile from Dominique.  For the
exclusive mode studies, this weight (factor k above) will need to be
recomputed along with using the proper weightfile from Dom.  The numbers N_h,
N_r, and (BF^SP_res+BF^SP_nonres) will all be fixed - only BF^NEW_nonres (i
think that's the number - i don't have my notes in front of me right now)
will be different when varying exclusive BFs.  Whoever computed the CM2
weights should know those numbers and can give them to Wolfgang.

Cheers,
Ed

Thank you Ed. The correct factor is

k = (N_res / N_nonres) * (BF^nonres_NEW / BF^res_SP)

so we need to change BF^nonres_NEW by the same change in a specific exclusive decay in order to keep the total charmless rate fixed).
Concezio.