  Hi All,

  There is now a new development version of xrootd (20050623-0016). This
version is meant to be the next production release (honest!). Once we do
some more basic testing of it, I'll switch to calling it "production"...

  There is now a new development version of xrootd (20050620-0614). This

  Relative to the 20050620-0614 release the changes include:

   o fixes for Url changes from the other day
   o many small fixes in the recently integrated security stuff
   o allow disabling of build of security in ./configure
   o Add mps ooss_name2name.pm module to rpm and tarballs
   o Add .so libraries to MacOSX binary tarball
   o other small bug fixes in core xrootd code

  Feedback from testing is welcome as soon as you can send it!

  For the full set of changes and links to rpms/tarballs to download see the
the xrootd web page and/or version history:

   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu
   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/xrootd.History

Let us know if there are problems.

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland