Hi LCD Developers,

I would like to encourage again the use of classes like
SpacePoint/SpaceVector or HepVector.

Let's look at the class Cluster.
It has a method double[] getPosition(). aha.
The javadoc says "Position of the cluster."
Not very helpful, the method name already states that.

Now, the problem here is: what does this return ?
A three-dimensional cartesian vector ?
A three-dimensional cylindrical vector ?
A three-dimensional spherical vector ?
Just the two spherical angles ? Because after all, the radius is
fixed...

The second problem is this:
The cluster has a finite extension. How is this position defined ?

The problem is that all of these things are obvious to the developers of
the class, but I don't think this is obvious to our users. Please let's
all try to make it easy on them. I am thinking primarily of graduate
students like myself who may or may not know what they are doing.

Thank you,
	Jan

--
Jan Fridolf Strube                      University of Oregon

Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
  mailstop 35
  bldg 48, rm 244
  phone: (650) 926-2913