On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Concezio Bozzi wrote:

> 1) We have been asked by the referee of our paper hep-ph/0504071 to
> comment on the sentence:
>
> "However, there are concerns that the extraction of the shape function
> parameters from the photon spectrum in B->Xs gamma is less reliable"
> (p.18 before section 7)
>
> Could you explain to what you are referring to?

Actually, Vera and I have added this and, as written, it should hint to
the fact that the extraction of the shape function parameters from the
moments are more reliable than from the shape. To be more explicitly, this
should be seen in the context that we are using the shape function
parameters extracted from the Belle b->sgamma spectrum [hep-ex/0407052]
which uses the Kagan-Neubert prescription. To my understanding
Kagan-Neubert is not as sophisticated as BLNP but I am not sure what the
authors have said about the reliability of their calculations.

We would have prefered shape function parameters extracted from moments of
the b->sgamma spectrum but this wasn't finished in time for LP05. For the
paper this will be different.

Cheers,

	Wolfgang