  Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 01:23:11PM +0200, Andreas Petzold wrote:
> I gonna give a talk on xrootd at Darmstadt next week. I've put my slides
> on the web:
>
> http://iktp.tu-dresden.de/~petzold/work/xrootd.pdf
> http://iktp.tu-dresden.de/~petzold/work/xrootd.sxi
>
> If you've any comments or suggestions please let me know.

  It looks very nice. I see only a couple of small things (see below). When
you have the final version let me know and I can add it to the presentations
section of the xrootd webpage.

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

   slide 9 - the protocol should be "root" instead of "xrootd" (the clients
             even enforce this, although strictly speaking they probably don't
             need to do that)

   slide 23 - The BaBar Padova Tier-A also uses xrootd, plus there is some
              set of university sites using it (e.g. for serving background
              events for MC production)

              Objectiviy -> Objectivity (technically this is the AMS, of
              course)

              One of the other things that the system has been able to
              achieve is that the basic system (even a load balanced system)
              is fairly easy to setup.

   slide 24 - I just realized Derek Feichtinger wasn't on the list. He has
              been contributing code, so I've added him... I'd call the
              list "core collaborators".

              Also, Priceton -> Princeton ;-)

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland