  for problems like that, I made many small fixes during this week to
that part, and I am currently running very long tests. Are you using the
latest relase? I hope not.

  Also, if you are already using the latest code, could you make sure
that you are not reading past the end of the file? In the case
everything seems ok from this point of view, can you please tell me how
to reproduce the problem (even a trace of the read sequence you are
performing would be ok) ?

Fabrizio