Gregory J. Sharp wrote:

> On 26Jul2005, at 14:56 , Fabrizio Furano wrote:
>
>>  Are you using the latest relase? I hope not.
>

> Yes I am. If you didn't want people to use it, you shouldn't have put
> it in the release.

  You are right, but that's not what I intended.

>>  Also, if you are already using the latest code, could you make  sure
>> that you are not reading past the end of the file?
>

> This error is happening trying to read the last record in the file,  so
> I am almost certainly asking to read more data than is really  there, in
> the expectation of getting a partial buffer returned just  before EOF.
>
> Should I try to figure out what is wrong, or back out to the previous
> version?

  Uhm, I believe that this is the problem. I'll figure a way to return
partial buffers just before EOF with caching on.

  In the meantime, you can switch it off, by adding the lines:

   EnvPutInt(NAME_READCACHESIZE, 0);
   EnvPutInt(NAME_READAHEADSIZE, 0);

before the creation of any XrdClient-related object.

Let me know.

Fabrizio