Hi Gregory,

  I committed a fix in the head that should meet the needs of your code.
Now you can read starting beyond EOF, or crossing it, and you get the
correct number of bytes. Maybe Pete wants to make a new release out of it.

  I put also a small test program useful to see what happens requesting
byte blocks in sequence.

A typical use of it is:
TestXrdClient_read
root://noric04.slac.stanford.edu//tmp/fabrizio_grossofile 131072 15000000 2

and then you have to type couples (len, offset) to perform the actual
reads. Or just start it without pars to get the help.

  Anyway, please note that the caching does not guarantee that you will
gain performance. In some cases you can get a true boost, but in other
cases things could also go worse than without.

It depends on the parameters, yes, but also on what the application is
doing, and on the performances of the machines, network, etc. If you are
interested in performances, IMHO the only way to get an answer is to try.

  Thank you very much for your patience, please let me know.

Fabrizio