Hi Wilko,

many thanks for advice. With directive oss.check client is redirected to
other node and staging of requested file is started.
I have some other questions, if you can help me, it will be super.

I want to stage a file from HPSS for example with path like:
/home/starreco/reco/productionHigh/FullField/P04ik/2004/040/st_physics_
5040131_raw_2010003.MuDst.root

and copy to path /data0 or /data1 or /data2 or /data3 which I've
specified with directives:

oss.path /data0 dread nomig stage
oss.path /data1 dread nomig stage
oss.path /data2 dread nomig stage
oss.path /data3 dread nomig stage

My question is if my thoughts are right and file with HPPS path:

/home/starreco/reco/productionHigh/FullField/P04ik/2004/040/st_physics_
5040131_raw_2010003.MuDst.root

will be staged to local path:

/data0/home/starreco/reco/productionHigh/FullField/P04ik/2004/040/st_ph
ysics_5040131_raw_2010003.MuDst.root
i.e that /data0 is path to ve pre-pended to local path. Or is there some
other directive, which can help me to do that ?

My second question is if I need to have specified oss.mssgwcmd command
when I don't plan to migrate any files from local disk to HPSS ?

The third question is about oss.cache directive. Can I have the location
of cache in the same directory as I have the files to export ?
For example, I have all files in directories:
/data0, /data1, /data2 or /data3 (i export with directive xrootd.export)
and can I have a oss.cache /data*.

My fourth problem is with oss.path again, I've specified this:
oss.path /data0 dread nomig stage
oss.path /data1 dread nomig stage
oss.path /data2 dread nomig stage
oss.path /data3 dread nomig stage

but in log file is this:
oss.path /data3 r/o  check dread mig nomkeep nomlock nommap norcreate
stage
oss.path /data2 r/o  check dread mig nomkeep nomlock nommap norcreate
stage
oss.path /data1 r/o  check dread mig nomkeep nomlock nommap norcreate
stage
oss.path /data0 r/o  check dread mig nomkeep nomlock nommap norcreate
stage

as you can see with mig directive and in addation is here a line:

oss.path / r/o  check dread mig nomkeep nomlock nommap norcreate stage

Is this correct ? Becaouse I dont want to stage any files to path /. (Or
is needed due to that / is parent directory ?)

Thank you
Pavel