This distribution includes preprints posted between Friday, August 05, 2005 and Friday, August 12, 2005 (7 days).

ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW INTEREST CATEGORIES: To accurately reflect the expanding focus of science at SLAC, we've revisited our list of interest categories for SLAC preprints. Authors can now choose from a new list of 24 categories covering not only high energy physics, but also synchrotron radiation and its disciplines, X-ray free electron lasers, and astrophysics. We've updated the categories on idoc, our online document registration system (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/), on the list of Recent SLAC Publications (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/), and on the Preprint Weekly list below.

IMPROVED PREPRINT SEARCH: Our new Find a SLAC Document page includes three searches to help you quickly find the document you're looking for. This page includes a full-text search of over 10,000 SLAC preprints as well as easy access to bibliographic and citation information. Check out the new search at http://www.slac.stanford.edu/pubs/fastfind.html.

*************************************

Accelerator Physics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11389
   The SPARX Project: R & D Activity Towards X-Rays FEL Sources
   Alesini, D
   Released: 8/5/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11389

   SLAC-PUB-11399
   Beam Based HOM Analysis of Accelerating Structures at the TESLA Test Facility Linac
   Wendt, M
   Released: 8/9/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11399

   SLAC-PUB-11401
   Dynamic X-Y Crosstalk / Aliasing Errors of Multiplexing BPMs
   Straumann, T
   Released: 8/9/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11401

   SLAC-PUB-11402
   High-Power Multimode X-Band RF Pulse Compression System for Future Linear Colliders
   Tantawi, S
   Released: 8/10/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11402

Astrophysics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11376
   Smoothed Particle Inference: A Kilo-Parametric Method for X-ray Galaxy Cluster Modeling
   Peterson, J
   Released: 8/5/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11376

   SLAC-PUB-11391
   Seeing the Nature of the Accelerating Physics: It's a SNAP
   Albert, J
   Released: 8/5/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11391

   SLAC-PUB-11393
   Probing Dark Energy via Weak Gravitational Lensing with the Supernova Acceleration Probe (SNAP)
   Albert, J
   Released: 8/8/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11393

   SLAC-PUB-11394
   Supernova Acceleration Probe: Studying Dark Energy with Type Ia Supernovae
   Albert, J
   Released: 8/8/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11394

HEP experimental results-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11395
   Search for Decays of B0 ---> e+ e-, B0 ---> mu+ mu-, B0 ---> e+- mu-+
   Aubert, B
   Released: 8/8/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11395

HEP phenomenology-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11375
   Nearly Conformal QCD and AdS/CFT
   de Teramond, G
   Released: 8/8/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11375

HEP theory-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11375
   Nearly Conformal QCD and AdS/CFT
   de Teramond, G
   Released: 8/8/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11375

Instrumentation/development-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11398
   Lessons Learned During Construction and Test of the GLAST Large Area Telescope Tracker
   Latronico, L
   Released: 8/9/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11398

   SLAC-PUB-11413
   The Silicon Detector (SiD) And Linear Collider Detector R&D in Asia And North America
   Brau, J
   Released: 8/11/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11413

For the most current listing of newly released SLAC publications and reports, see Recent SLAC Publications at http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/.