This distribution includes preprints posted between Friday, August 12, 2005 and Friday, August 19, 2005 (7 days).

ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW INTEREST CATEGORIES: To accurately reflect the expanding focus of science at SLAC, we've revisited our list of interest categories for SLAC preprints. Authors can now choose from a new list of 24 categories covering not only high energy physics, but also synchrotron radiation and its disciplines, X-ray free electron lasers, and astrophysics. We've updated the categories on idoc, our online document registration system (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/), on the list of Recent SLAC Publications (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/), and on the Preprint Weekly list below.

IMPROVED PREPRINT SEARCH: Our new Find a SLAC Document page includes three searches to help you quickly find the document you're looking for. This page includes a full-text search of over 10,000 SLAC preprints as well as easy access to bibliographic and citation information. Check out the new search at http://www.slac.stanford.edu/pubs/fastfind.html.

*************************************

Accelerator Physics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11388
   Wakefields in the LCLS Undulator Transitions
   Bane, K
   Released: 8/15/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11388

   SLAC-PUB-11403
   InAlGaAs/AlGaAs Superlattices for Polarized Electron Photocathodes
   Mamaev, Yu.
   Released: 8/15/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11403

   SLAC-PUB-11422
   Target Material Irradiation Studies for High-Intensity Accelerator Beams
   Simos, N
   Released: 8/16/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11422

Astrophysics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11397
   Particle-In-Cell Simulations of a Nonlinear Transverse Electromagnetic Wave in a Pulsar Wind Termination Shock
   Skjaeraasen, O
   Released: 8/15/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11397

   SLAC-PUB-11420
   Supernova / Acceleration Probe: a Satellite Experiment to Study the Nature of the Dark Energy
   Aldering, G
   Released: 8/15/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11420

   SLAC-PUB-11428
   Evidence for a Canonical GRB Afterglow Light Curve in the Swift/XRT Data
   Nousek, J
   Released: 8/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11428

Computing-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11418
   Full Detector Simulation Using SLIC and LCDD
   McCormick, J
   Released: 8/18/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11418

Engineering-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11421
   Analysis of Old Synchrotron Light Absorbers from the Stanford Positron Electron Accelerating Ring
   Marshall, S
   Released: 8/18/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11421

HEP experimental results-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11414
   Inclusive Hadronic Results at BaBar: ISR and Pentaquark Searches
   Berger, N
   Released: 8/15/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11414

   SLAC-PUB-11427
   Search for Lepton Flavour Violation (LFV) in Three-Body Tau Decays at BaBar
   Hodgkinson, M
   Released: 8/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11427

HEP phenomenology-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11419
   Collider Phenomenology of Higgs Bosons in Left-Right Symmetric Randall-Sundrum Models
   Lillie, B
   Released: 8/18/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11419

HEP theory-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11378
   First Order QED Corrections to the Parity-Violating Asymmetry in Moller Scattering
   Zykunov, V
   Released: 8/15/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11378

Materials sciences-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11403
   InAlGaAs/AlGaAs Superlattices for Polarized Electron Photocathodes
   Mamaev, Yu.
   Released: 8/15/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11403

   SLAC-PUB-11421
   Analysis of Old Synchrotron Light Absorbers from the Stanford Positron Electron Accelerating Ring
   Marshall, S
   Released: 8/18/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11421

For the most current listing of newly released SLAC publications and reports, see Recent SLAC Publications at http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/.