  Hi Gregory,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 08:11:26AM -0400, Gregory J. Sharp wrote:
> On 17Aug2005, at 02:30 , Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:
> >I have been investigating on how to meet various needs in terms of
> >0-config clusters and simplifying the overall setup. The two main
> >items
> >that were brought up: 1) 0-config, and 2) combining the xrootd and
> >olbd so
> >that one does not have to deal with two daemons seem like workable
> >solutions that, in fact, are very related. So, here is a proposal and
> >please feel free to rip it apart :-)
>
> Could you please clarify what you mean by "0-config". Is this only in
> respect of configuring supervisors? If it is supposed to be broader
> than that, then adding yet more config file options seems like you
> are working with very large values of "0" :-)

  One of the issues we were discussing was the number of _different_
configurations which are necessary, i.e. one for the managers, one
for the supervisors and one for the data servers. (Plus a discussion
about having to start two daemons for all of these situations.) The goal
here is in part to reduce 3 configurations to 2 (plus allow a single
daemon to be started).

  I'd like to see a config file for a basic configuration (which probably
means that I need to try it and put it on the examples page... ;-) Personally
I think a dataserver/supervisor config file of ~10 lines or less would be a
very nice target for the very basic case. (Putting aside configurations for
talking to mass storage.)

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland