  Hi All,

  There is now a new development version: xrootd 20050831-0445. Relative to
the previous release (20050815-0653) the changes include:

   o The 'xrd' command has been added. It is a command line interface to
     the following functionalities: dirlist, stat, existfile, existdir,
     getchecksum, isfileonline, mv, mkdir, chmod, rm, rmdir, prepare,
     cat, cp. (This functionality was mostly available only via the
     perl interface previously.)

   o bug fixes for load balancing

   o some first implementations on the client side for actions corresponding
     to unsolicited responses

   o many bug fixes and new development in XrdMon package

   o Updates for admin functionality. The xrdadmin script itself is still
     not in the release as I was waiting for the autotools stuff to deal
     with the perl mangling. I'll sort this out by the next release, but
     for the moment you can get the latest version of 'xrdadmin' here:

        http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/download/xrdadmin.050831

   o other small bug fixes

  ** Testing of all of these things is very welcome, in particular the **
  **                 new xrd and xrdadmin commands                     **

  For the full set of changes and links to rpms/tarballs to download see the
the xrootd web page and/or version history:

   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu
   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/xrootd.History

Let us know if there are problems.

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland