  Hi Andy,

  Ok, unless someone objects today Derek and I will go ahead with preparing
the autotools migration. I saw that there is just one small long/int ambiguity
that comes out as a compilation error when moving to Studio9:

Compiling XrdMonDecPreProcess.cc
"XrdMonDecPreProcess.cc", line 68: Error: Overloading ambiguity between "std::fpos<__mbstate_t>::operator<(const unsigned long&) const" and "std::fpos<__mbstate_t>::operator<(const int&) const".
1 Error(s) detected.

(Added Jacek since it is the XrdMon code.)

  You can already use Studio9 at SLAC if you do:

shire04> setenv PATH /afs/slac.stanford.edu/package/sunworkshop/9/SUNWspro/bin:$PATH

We can sort out the default compiler issue at SLAC independently.

                                   Pete

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 06:11:41AM -0700, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>
> No problem. As you point out  we already have it. I have no problems
> moving to the latest Solaris compiler. I just need to tell the admin
> people that it should become the default on the build platforms that I'm
> using.
>
> Andy

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland