  Hi Wilko,

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 09:06:25AM -0700, Wilko Kroeger wrote:
> I sometimes compile xrootd on Solaris for testing, but as you pointed out
> I can just change the sun compiler version, and therefore I don't have any
> objections dropping the support for Workshop6/Forte7.
>
> I didn't continue the testing with the 20050920-0008 release as I was busy
> doing some work for SC05. Could we maybe wait until the end of the week
> to declare it a production version. I will do some more tests
> this week including the 1000 server nodes test. Do you know if anybody
> else tested this version?

  Others will have to respond as to whether they've tested it or not...

  Waiting to the end of the week to declare a "production version" is fine
with me. Derek and I will proceed and I'll play whatever CVS games are
necessary around the autotools migration to make sure any fix which comes
up winds up on both sides of the migration.

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland