hello Pavel,

Pavel Jakl wrote:

> 4)Next problem was the script for measuring load of data servers
> called XrdOlbMonPerf. I have found some bugs and repaired them.
> Changes:
>     I have repaired bug related to network result and I added missing
> paging I/O result.

Thanks for looking onto this code. I don't see the exact bug fix for the
network results, could you point me to it.
as for paging I/O, I gave it up as it is highly correlated with other
metrics such as memory occupancy.
on top of that, retrieving the paging I/O is a bit tricky and I did not
find any easy solution in the past for Solaris, plus it is hard to
interpret (ie what is the max paging I/O activity one wants to accept).
This is one other reason why I gave up with it :-).
in your modification, you are looking at the % of swap usage not the I/O
rate. You are taking the information from /proc/meminfo which is working
for Linux, but not for Solaris or Mac OS.
cheers,
JY