This distribution includes preprints posted between Monday, October 10, 2005 and Monday, October 17, 2005 (7 days).

ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW INTEREST CATEGORIES: To accurately reflect the expanding focus of science at SLAC, we've revisited our list of interest categories for SLAC preprints. Authors can now choose from a new list of 24 categories covering not only high energy physics, but also synchrotron radiation and its disciplines, X-ray free electron lasers, and astrophysics. We've updated the categories on idoc, our online document registration system (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/), on the list of Recent SLAC Publications (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/), and on the Preprint Weekly list below.

IMPROVED PREPRINT SEARCH: Our new Find a SLAC Document page includes three searches to help you quickly find the document you're looking for. This page includes a full-text search of over 10,000 SLAC preprints as well as easy access to bibliographic and citation information. Check out the new search at http://www.slac.stanford.edu/pubs/fastfind.html.

*************************************

Accelerator Physics-related preprints
There were no preprints posted for Accelerator Physics this week.
Accelerator (control systems)-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11263
   Instrumentation Standard Architectures for Future High Availability Control Systems
   Larsen, R. S.
   Released: 10/13/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11263

Engineering-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11263
   Instrumentation Standard Architectures for Future High Availability Control Systems
   Larsen, R. S.
   Released: 10/13/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11263

HEP experimental results-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11519
   Semileptonic B Decays, B Mixing And Magnitudes of CKM Elements at BaBar
   Cote, D
   Released: 10/11/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11519

   SLAC-PUB-11522
   Searches for Direct CP Violation in D+ Decays And for D0 Anti-D0 Mixing
   Purohit, M
   Released: 10/11/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11522

   SLAC-PUB-11523
   Pentaquark Searches And Properties of D/SJ Resonances at BaBar
   Halyo, V
   Released: 10/12/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11523

   SLAC-PUB-11524
   B Decays to Open And Hidden Charm at BaBar
   Ricciardi, S
   Released: 10/12/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11524

   SLAC-PUB-11525
   Study of Inclusive And Exclusive B ---> X/U L Nu Decays And the Measurement of |V(Ub)| With the BaBar Detector
   del Re, D
   Released: 10/12/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11525

HEP phenomenology-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11518
   Hadron Spectroscopy and Wavefunctions in QCD and the AdS/CFT Correspondence
   Brodsky, S
   Released: 10/13/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11518

HEP theory-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11518
   Hadron Spectroscopy and Wavefunctions in QCD and the AdS/CFT Correspondence
   Brodsky, S
   Released: 10/13/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11518

Instrumentation/development-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11263
   Instrumentation Standard Architectures for Future High Availability Control Systems
   Larsen, R. S.
   Released: 10/13/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11263

   SLAC-PUB-11521
   Limited Streamer Tubes for the BaBar Instrumented Flux Return Upgrade
   Lu, C
   Released: 10/11/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11521

Math and math physics-related preprints
There were no preprints posted for Math and math physics this week.
Materials sciences-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11516
   Surface Termination and Roughness of Ge(100) Cleaned by HF and HCl Solutions
   Sun, S
   Released: 10/10/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11516

Synchrotron radiation-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11516
   Surface Termination and Roughness of Ge(100) Cleaned by HF and HCl Solutions
   Sun, S
   Released: 10/10/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11516

Other preprints
   SLAC-R-782
   The Office of Science Data-Management Challenge
   Mount, R.
   Released: 10/10/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-r-782

For the most current listing of newly released SLAC publications and reports, see Recent SLAC Publications at http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/.