This distribution includes preprints posted between Friday, October 14, 2005 and Friday, October 21, 2005 (7 days).

ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW INTEREST CATEGORIES: To accurately reflect the expanding focus of science at SLAC, we've revisited our list of interest categories for SLAC preprints. Authors can now choose from a new list of 24 categories covering not only high energy physics, but also synchrotron radiation and its disciplines, X-ray free electron lasers, and astrophysics. We've updated the categories on idoc, our online document registration system (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/), on the list of Recent SLAC Publications (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/), and on the Preprint Weekly list below.

IMPROVED PREPRINT SEARCH: Our new Find a SLAC Document page includes three searches to help you quickly find the document you're looking for. This page includes a full-text search of over 10,000 SLAC preprints as well as easy access to bibliographic and citation information. Check out the new search at http://www.slac.stanford.edu/pubs/fastfind.html.

*************************************

Astrophysics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11541
   The Low-Power Nucleus of PKS 1246-410 in the Centaurus Cluster
   Taylor, G
   Released: 10/21/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11541

HEP experimental results-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11454
   Searches for Pentaquark Baryons at BaBar
   Hryn'ova, T
   Released: 10/19/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11454

   SLAC-PUB-11484
   The B -> pi Form Factor from Light-cone Sum Rules in Soft-collinear Effective Theory
   Hurth, T.
   Released: 10/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11484

   SLAC-PUB-11527
   Search for Pentaquarks at BABAR
   Goetzen, K
   Released: 10/19/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11527

   SLAC-PUB-11528
   Studies of $e^+e^-$ Collisions with a Hard Initial-State Photon at BaBar
   Berger, N
   Released: 10/19/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11528

   SLAC-PUB-11531
   Charmless Quasi-Two-Body Modes at BaBar
   Palombo, F.
   Released: 10/19/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11531

   SLAC-PUB-11537
   Recent Results on the CKM Angle Alpha
   Mihalyi, A
   Released: 10/18/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11537

HEP phenomenology-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11484
   The B -> pi Form Factor from Light-cone Sum Rules in Soft-collinear Effective Theory
   Hurth, T.
   Released: 10/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11484

HEP theory-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11260
   Adaptive Perturbation Theory I: Quantum Mechanics
   Weinstein, M
   Released: 10/19/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11260

   SLAC-PUB-11484
   The B -> pi Form Factor from Light-cone Sum Rules in Soft-collinear Effective Theory
   Hurth, T.
   Released: 10/17/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11484

   SLAC-PUB-11532
   Adaptive Perturbation Theory: Quantum Mechanics and Field Theory
   Weinstein, M
   Released: 10/19/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11532

Math and math physics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11532
   Adaptive Perturbation Theory: Quantum Mechanics and Field Theory
   Weinstein, M
   Released: 10/19/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11532

General physics, other physics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11260
   Adaptive Perturbation Theory I: Quantum Mechanics
   Weinstein, M
   Released: 10/19/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11260

   SLAC-PUB-11532
   Adaptive Perturbation Theory: Quantum Mechanics and Field Theory
   Weinstein, M
   Released: 10/19/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11532

For the most current listing of newly released SLAC publications and reports, see Recent SLAC Publications at http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/.