This distribution includes preprints posted between Friday, October 21, 2005 and Friday, October 28, 2005 (7 days).

ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW INTEREST CATEGORIES: To accurately reflect the expanding focus of science at SLAC, we've revisited our list of interest categories for SLAC preprints. Authors can now choose from a new list of 24 categories covering not only high energy physics, but also synchrotron radiation and its disciplines, X-ray free electron lasers, and astrophysics. We've updated the categories on idoc, our online document registration system (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/), on the list of Recent SLAC Publications (http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/), and on the Preprint Weekly list below.

IMPROVED PREPRINT SEARCH: Our new Find a SLAC Document page includes three searches to help you quickly find the document you're looking for. This page includes a full-text search of over 10,000 SLAC preprints as well as easy access to bibliographic and citation information. Check out the new search at http://www.slac.stanford.edu/pubs/fastfind.html.

*************************************

Accelerator Physics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11535
   Matrix Formalism for Spin Dynamics Near a Single Depolarization Resonance
   Chao, A
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11535

   SLAC-PUB-11540
   A High-Efficiency Resonant Cavity for Measurement of a Beam Quadrupole Moment
   Barov, N.
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11540

Accelerator (control systems)-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11540
   A High-Efficiency Resonant Cavity for Measurement of a Beam Quadrupole Moment
   Barov, N.
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11540

Astrophysics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11541
   The Low-Power Nucleus of PKS 1246-410 in the Centaurus Cluster
   Taylor, G
   Released: 10/21/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11541

   SLAC-PUB-11547
   A Very Deep Chandra Observation of the Perseus Cluster: Shocks, Ripples And Conduction
   Fabian, A
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11547

HEP experimental results-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11502
   Search for W-exchange decays B0 -> Ds(*)- Ds(*)+
   Aubert, B.
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11502

   SLAC-PUB-11538
   Hadron Physics at BaBar
   Muller, D
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11538

   SLAC-PUB-11544
   Dalitz Plot Analyses of Charmless B Decays
   Yu, Z
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11544

   SLAC-PUB-11550
   Search for D0 Anti-D0 Mixing Using Semileptonic Decays
   Flood, K
   Released: 10/28/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11550

HEP phenomenology-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11539
   Scaling Properties of High $p_T$ Inclusive Hadron Production
   Brodsky, S
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11539

   SLAC-PUB-11542
   Advances in Light-Front QCD and New Perspectives for QCD from AdS/CFT
   Brodsky, S
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11542

HEP theory-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11510
   Dimensional Mutation and Spacelike Singularities
   Silverstein, E
   Released: 10/28/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11510

   SLAC-PUB-11511
   Complex/Symplectic Mirrors
   Chuang, W.
   Released: 10/28/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11511

   SLAC-PUB-11539
   Scaling Properties of High $p_T$ Inclusive Hadron Production
   Brodsky, S
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11539

   SLAC-PUB-11542
   Advances in Light-Front QCD and New Perspectives for QCD from AdS/CFT
   Brodsky, S
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11542

Instrumentation/development-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11540
   A High-Efficiency Resonant Cavity for Measurement of a Beam Quadrupole Moment
   Barov, N.
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11540

Math and math physics-related preprints
   SLAC-PUB-11510
   Dimensional Mutation and Spacelike Singularities
   Silverstein, E
   Released: 10/28/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11510

   SLAC-PUB-11511
   Complex/Symplectic Mirrors
   Chuang, W.
   Released: 10/28/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-11511

Technical Note preprints
   SLAC-TN-05-047
   A Method to Measure the Flatness of the LSST Focal Plane Assembly in Situ
   Langeveld, W
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-tn-05-047

   SLAC-TN-05-056
   Analysis of Laser Acceleration in a Semi-infinite Space as Inverse Transition Radiation
   Plettner, T
   Released: 10/26/2005
   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-tn-05-056

For the most current listing of newly released SLAC publications and reports, see Recent SLAC Publications at http://idoc.slac.stanford.edu/preprints/.