Hi Fabrizio,

Yes, this is a recoverable error from the client side. It's very difficult
for the server to recover from this error. The problem is
that the server is not sure at this point where the outstanding reads
are in the pipeline. It needs to know that to be sure that the client
gets the data in the right order. That's why it simply flushes the
pipeline but this invalidates the restart offset.

So, yes. When you get this error, you have the last offset of
the uncompleted read. You can simply re-issue the read at that point.
You probably want to establish a limit on how many times you will do that
in the case that you immediately get the same error (an even more
impossible situation). This, of course, doesn't mean I won't try to fix
the problem. So far my research has shown that it *may* be possible for
such a situation to occur under certain timing conditions, though it's not
at all clear that those actually can happen.

Andy