  Hi Andy,

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 11:15:24PM -0700, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:
> P.S. Does this mean that people have to manually install autotools if they
> want to build from source? Almost like installing java, if so.

  Well, if you go and look at the installation at SLAC you'll see that
it was done in 1998. I think it is okay to upgrade once and a while.. ;-)
As I usually do for these things, I installed it in my area to test
before asking unix-admin at SLAC to update to new versions in the SLAC
afs area for Solaris. For linux this works out-of-the-box, I believe.

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland