Hi Derek,

> Using autotools needs a bit of learning the syntax for defining build targets,
> but it is very easy. If you tell me what you want to do I'll gladly help you
> to get over the first few steps - it's quite straightforward. There is also
> the online autobook I was referring to in previous mails:
> http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html
I would appreciate that :-)

Attached is the GNUmakefile that I am using to create the new XrdPosix
package. The diff with the old one will show what I had to do to the
classic configuration. Then you can tell me what you had to do to the
autotools config to make that happen. I'll be one step closer to
independence!

Andy