  Hi Derek,

  I tried the HEAD (and used your bootstrap.sh script instead of executing
the individual commands). Things on solaris now seem better: kerberos
is found, etc. (I probably made some mess the other day when I was
installing the new autotools versions in my area.)

Looks like there are some complaints, though:

  RHEL3:

noric01> ./bootstrap.sh
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
configure.ac: installing `./missing'
src/Xrd/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
src/XrdClient/Makefile.am:11: lib_LTLIBRARIES was already defined in condition TRUE, which implies condition ENABLE_PERLINT_TRUE

  lib_LTLIBRARIES (User, where = src/XrdClient/Makefile.am:11) +=
  {
    TRUE => libXrdClient.la
  }
src/XrdClient/Makefile.am:11: lib_LTLIBRARIES was already defined in condition TRUE, which implies condition ENABLE_PERLINT_TRUE

  lib_LTLIBRARIES (User, where = src/XrdClient/Makefile.am:11) +=
  {
    TRUE => libXrdClient.la
  }

and similar on Solaris9 + Studio9. Any idea what this is?

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland