hello,

       I am trying to compile xrootd on this platform on a test machine:
the next couple of servers I am going to have in a few weeks will be
working on that OS with Opteron CPUs (SUN v40z).
I had problems when compiling XrdSecpwdSrvAdmin.cc:
Creating executable ../../bin/sunx86_510/xrdpwdadmin
ld: fatal: file ../../obj/sunx86_510/XrdSecpwdSrvAdmin.o: wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
../../bin/sunx86_510/xrdpwdadmin
gmake[4]: *** [../../bin/sunx86_510/xrdpwdadmin] Error 1
gmake[3]: *** [SunOSall] Error 2
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** [XrdSecpwd] Error 2
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

CC is being used:
 > CC -V
CC: Sun C++ 5.7 Patch 117831-03 2005/07/21

I tried to remove this module as it is not necessary for me at this
point, however I ended up with a xrootd binary I was not able to
execute. So there could be something trivial missing in the installation
of the dev machine (might be possible as I noticed that there are stuff
not being there) or something that I don't know of.
The script "configure" had apparently no problem to detect the right
architecture.
thanks for any hints,
JY