Hi Andy,

  I quite understand, but this is a little cryptic to me.
  The thing that I dislike in line of principle is that a server side
resource related trouble is treated by the whole system as a deadly
situation. And the result is a truncated file copy, which is really bad.

  I wonder if the garble can be solved by making the client treat that
kind of error as a recoverable one instead of a fatal one. If you think
that this policy won't make bad things worse, I'll have a look into it.

Fabrizio