Hi Catalin,

  I gave a look at the code, and by itself it seems reasonable, since it
seems that apMon should not be so heavy to execute, and also it's quite
simple.

  Anyway I don't feel so comfortable in hardcoding into the app code
which is related to one particular external system. My proposal is to
define a simple interface able to init, submit info and terminate a
monitoring session through an external dynamic library. A plugin.

  Doing so, the app is not tied to a particular system, and we could
write the plugin e.g. for XrdMon too. From my side this iwll require to
define the interface and implement the info collection, and from your
side this would require to put your apMon-related code into a dynlibrary
with 3-4 functions (I hope!).

  I'd like to know an opinion from you and from other people which may
have some interest on this. Maybe this evening at the meeting.

Fabrizio