Hi, Fabrizio

Take a look at the Makefile.am in the XrdClient directory:

If you want to recourse into subdirectories, you just add a

SUBDIRS = dir1 dir2 dir3

statement.

Build targets in automake are specified via directives like

bin_PROGRAMS = myprogram1 myprogram2

The prefix (bin) defines where the file will be installed, the type (PROGRAM)
defines what kind of targets should be built.

There is a special prefix "check". This specifies targets that will never be
installed and that get only built when a "make check" is given. This is
specially designed for tests that are run after the initial build to check
the package's sanity.
The variable TESTS hold the name of the tests to be run.

"Info Automake" should provide you with quite some information as well as the
autobook (chapter 7.7):
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html

I can gladly help you to get started if you have specific questions.

Cheers,
Derek

--
Dr. Derek Feichtinger                   Tel:   +41 22 767 10 07
LCG/ARDA Group                            email: [log in to unmask]