  from my point of view I'd be happy if it's possible.

  Another mini-issue. When committing something after having built the
stuff, CVS complains about a missing GNUMakefile, because it has been
renamed. It's a bit annoying to rename it back just in order to commit.

  Also, is there somewhere at slac a Solaris machine with updated
autotools where I can build and test xrootd? Anyway I'll try to ask for
an upgrade on the shires, we'll see.

  Fabrizio