Hi, Pete!

Well, I understood that Fabrizio is asking for more, although I would not
mind to help with deploying.

Here is more seriouse questions to Fabrizio

Do you want to implement srm yourself, or work on top of FNAL standalone
implementation? I'd say that the latter is obviously less work to do,
especially that you have java client.

One main thing in the implementation is how to handle gridftp transfers
and their load balancing. for the get part, you need to be able to
ask xrootd where the file is, more over, where it's "best" (from the load
point of view) replica is. When I was there, this functionality was not
provided in the xrootd client. For the "put" part, you need to be able
to ask olb on which server to put the file, and this was also not
existent. Also, you need then to handle namespase/cache links in ooss.

I propose you to start solving these problems first...

Artem.