Hi, Fabrizio!

>   Now that functionality is there... Andy asked for me to implement it a
> couple of months ago, when I had no idea about its purposes. As the work

Hmm.. May be Adny didn't tell you because you was on the CM2 Lyon workshop
and knew all those requirements from the begining? :)) Sigh. Only 2 years
past...

Any way, this greatly simplifies your development. One thing that is wrth
mentioning again is handling gridftp transfers one mutliple hosts. in the
srm get mode (default), it's somewhat easier, since there is ooss_fget
command which can wrap globus-url-copy and do the cache/links hanflding.
But this will have to be somehow invoked on the destination server. Sounds
like another deamon. For the pushmode, it's not that siple, since it's
gridftp server that writes the file, and something needs to handle
cache/links after. may be the same deamon. Talk to andy and Bill.

Artem.