Hi Artem,

> One main thing in the implementation is how to handle gridftp transfers
> and their load balancing. for the get part, you need to be able to
> ask xrootd where the file is, more over, where it's "best" (from the load
> point of view) replica is. When I was there, this functionality was not
> provided in the xrootd client. For the "put" part, you need to be able
> to ask olb on which server to put the file, and this was also not
> existent. Also, you need then to handle namespase/cache links in ooss.
>
> I propose you to start solving these problems first...

  Now that functionality is there... Andy asked for me to implement it a
couple of months ago, when I had no idea about its purposes. As the work
proceeds, I will be able to tell to myself if it does correctly what
it's supposed to do. This usually is called debugging, and in its alpha
phases is my job... But anyway it's there...

  Anyway the work is more advanced. All the "Admin" functions now can be
invoked from Java, via the new JNI implementation. I did not yet commit,
since I want to come up with a more decent makefile.... I hate
makefiles!!! :-(

  Fabrizio