Hi Jerome.

  This almost never happens, and makes me think about an unresponsive
server. But may be caused by weird connection troubles. Do you get this
immediately or in the middle of a communication?

  Since it's a very strance situation, I'd suggest you to put the client
side debug level to 3 and send everything to me. Also the server side
log (after having enabled it, of course) will be useful.

  The version included in root4 is rather old, but well known and
tested. I am looking forward hoping that everybody will be switching to
the newer one asap.... at least I will be no more dealing with N
versions of the same code....

Fabrizio